Cerezen is a revolutionary medical device that effectively treats jaw pain and symptoms associated with teeth grinding and clenching. These conditions are collectively known as Temporomandibular Disorders or TMD.
The two custom-made, 3D printed hollow inserts sit in each ear canal; the nearest access point to the temporomandibular joint. While the pain relief Cerezen provides is profound, the inserts themselves are discrete and almost invisible. With small tabs for easy insertion and removal, they’re comfortable to wear because they’re custom made only for you.
Teeth grinding and jaw pain explained
Excessive teeth grinding or jaw clenching - also called bruxism - can damage the teeth and cause a number of different painful symptoms. Collectively, these are often referred to as temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD).
Symptoms of TMD include:
- Pain in the chewing muscles and/or jaw joint
- Radiating pain in the face, jaw or neck
- Jaw muscle pain or stiffness
- Aching pain in and around the ears
- Limited jaw movement or locking
- Painful jaw clicking, popping or grinding when opening or closing the mouth
- Headaches or migraines
- A change in the way the upper and lower teeth fit together
How Cerezen worksAvoid the daily grind - The science behind Cerezen
When you move your jaw, your ear canal also opens and closes. As the ear canal is so close to the temporomandibular joint (TMJ), it is the perfect place to target the source of your symptoms.
When your customised Cerezen devices are inserted into the ear canal, they retain the shape of your ear canal in the open jaw position because they are made from a 3D printed rigid material. They effectively encourage the jaw to return to an ‘open bite’ position.
The result is a reduction in grinding, clenching and the amount of pain you experience.
3 Easy Steps to Relief from TMD
- Talk to your dentist about your symptoms and whether Cerezen is right for you.
- Get impressions of your ear canals from either your healthcare provider or an audiologist.
- Receive 3D printed, custom-made devices after approximately two weeks. Your healthcare provider will show you how comfortable and easy they are to wear.
If you would like to find out more about this or any of the other treatments we offer at Hitchin Dental Care, please call us. Alternatively complete the form here and we can contact you at your convenience.
* subject to status