Join us on the 8th December for our latest Study Club23rd November 2021
Adult Orthodontics From The Periodontal Viewpoint
- Venue: Hitchin Dental Care, Cartman House, 5 Paynes Park, Hitchin SG5 1EH
- Date: Wednesday 8th December
- Pizza & Festive Refreshments 6.30 pm for a prompt start at 7 pm
- Free CPD
- Evaluate the impact of Periodontal disease when planning Orthodontic treatment in Adult Patients
- Demonstrate screening and treatment of Periodontal disease.
- How to assess Periodontal stability prior to Orthodontic treatment.
- Evaluate Periodontal problems caused by Orthodontic treatment
- Assess how Orthodontic treatment with aligners affects Periodontal health
- Demonstrate Orthodontic treatment in a Patient with Periodontal disease.
The objective of the talk will be to give the GDP an overview of Periodontal diseases and how Orthodontic treatment is impacted by them.
The talk will be lead by our very own Periodontal specialist: Rob Ward BDS, LDS.RCS (ENG), MSC.
Rob qualified at the Royal London Hospital in 1992. After a spell in general practice in Essex and central London, he started his MSc in Periodontology at the Eastman Dental Institute in 1995. In 2001 he was accepted onto the Specialist list. In 2005 he set up a Multi -disciplinary Specialist Practice in Milton Keynes. He lectured locally on a range of Periodontal subjects to his referring colleagues and set up a local study group. Rob sold his practice in 2014 and has been a peripatetic Periodontal Specialist. Robert combines Practice with a teaching role at Guys Dental Hospital. He lectures in Periodontology as well as helping to run Consultant Clinics. He enjoys supervising students in the care of their patients. Rob is delighted to receive referrals from his colleagues and is happy to use his expertise to treat patients with all ranges of Periodontal disease.
We also have our lovely Oral B representative, Simone Ruzario, who will be on site to talk to you about products and everything from toothbrushes to toothpastes.
Implant representatives from Sweden and Martina will also be joining us at the practice.
Limited spaces available – book your place today!
We hope you will join us for festive drinks afterwards in Hitchin town also!
Should you wish to attend please forward your GDC number and full name to Dr Roshni Sharma on 01462 451181
P.s. In the spirit of Christmas, festive jumpers are mandatory 🎄🧑🏽🎄.